Fraud Protection Tips
Preventing fraud is much easier and cheaper than dealing with the consequences of identity theft. Use these tips to protect yourself against identity thieves.
- Change your online banking password at least once per month.
- Do not let anyone borrow your ATM, Debit or Credit Card.
- Do not carry your social security card on you. Store it in a safe place and carry it only when specifically needed.
- Do not enter personal information over the Internet unless you are on a secure server and know the company or person you are dealing with.
- When writing checks to pay your credit card account, only put the last 4 digits of your credit card # on the memo line (do not write out your whole account number).
- Make a photocopy of all the contents in your wallet in case your wallet is stolen or lost. You will know what you had in your wallet and have a copy of all your account numbers and the phone numbers to call to cancel cards.
Protect Yourself with Tampa Postal FCU’s FRAUD PLUS!