Fraud Protection Tips
Preventing fraud is much easier and cheaper than dealing with the consequences of identity theft. Use these tips to protect yourself against identity thieves.
Tampa Postal will NEVER email you asking for account and/or personal information. If you receive such an email, please forward it to
- Change your online banking password at least once per month.
- Do not let anyone borrow your ATM, Debit or Credit Card.
- Do not carry your social security card on you. Store it in a safe place and carry it only when specifically needed.
- Do not enter personal information over the Internet unless you are on a secure server and know the company or person you are dealing with.
- When writing checks to pay your credit card account, only put the last 4 digits of your credit card # on the memo line (do not write out your whole account number).
- Make a photocopy of all the contents in your wallet in case your wallet is stolen or lost. You will know what you had in your wallet and have a copy of all your account numbers and the phone numbers to call to cancel cards.
Protect Yourself with Tampa Postal FCU’s FRAUD PLUS!